The first known 5th-Grade Legacy Project was a mural that in 2011 transformed an otherwise bland hallway with an explosion of images.
Since 2013, the 5th grade has annually produced a large-scale artwork or other project to help make Thurgood Marshall even more special.
Parent/guardian volunteers, with assistance from the PTA and staff, lead the effort, but many of the ideas, creativity and elbow grease come from the students. If you are a 5th-grade parent who would like to be involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or watch Pup Press for details.
Enjoy enlarged photos of the projects, below, by clicking on the thumbnails.
- 2011 – “My Favorite Activity is” Mural in hallway on south side of gym
- 2013 – Sidewalk Connector Paving Stone Path near Martin Luther King Jr. Way S.
- 2014 – Sunflower Paving Stone Mosaic near portable classrooms and flagpole area
- 2015 – Decorative Ceramic Tiles on wall of rear (west) stairwell
- 2016 – Little Free Library in flagpole area
- 2017 – Bench and Tiles in school entryway
- 2018 – “Fantastical Animals” Mural on wall of covered play area (near playground)