Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2013/12/20/art-walk/
Our annual Pancake Breakfast and Student Art Walk will be held Sat., Dec. 14 from 9 – 11 am in the cafeteria. We’ll serve regular and gluten-free pancakes, chicken sausage, fruit, coffee, and juice. Artwork from all grades will be displayed in the hallways.
Volunteers are still needed to help in the kitchen for the following time slots. Please contact Audrey Querns at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help on Dec. 14.
9:30 – 10:30 am – Kitchen help (flipping pancakes!)
10:30 – 11:30 am – Kitchen help
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2013/12/05/pancake-breakfast/
Washington Middle School will hold an Open House and several Tours for incoming 6th-graders for the 2014-2015 school year. Students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Reservations are not required.
Open House for Incoming Students: Dec. 5, 6:30-8 pm
Tours for Incoming Students: Dec. 10, 12, 13, 8-10 am
Washington Middle School
2101 S Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98144
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2013/12/03/attn-5th-graders-washington-ms-tours/
What is the Impact on Thurgood Marshall?
The final vote on Growth Boundaries has little direct effect on Thurgood Marshall. See below for details. In the coming weeks more information will be made available as the District goes through the various amendments made during the final vote on Nov. 20.
It is our understanding that the boundaries for Thurgood Marshall remain the same at this time, however we are waiting for final confirmation of this from the District. The District will be reviewing enrollment data each year and may make adjustments as needed to support growth at our school.
No information at this time as the District works to create a District-wide plan.
Accelerated Progress Program (APP)
- The current guaranteed pathway for all APP students will remain the same (Thurgood Marshall Elementary, Washington Middle School, Garfield High School ).
- There will be a new optional pathway for APP Elementary at Fairmount Park Elementary School (FPES) in West Seattle in 2014 (a “blended program” with Spectrum, details unknown at this time).
- The optional Southeast pathway as well as the proposed site at Madison will not happen until some date in the future.
- APP Elementary will stay at Lincoln (until the 2017 move to Wilson Pacific)
- APP Elementary will share the Lincoln building with AS#1 and the Indian Heritage program (AS#1/Indian Heritage will be housed in the South Wing)
- APP Middle School will be split into 2 cohorts in 2014: the NE cohort going to Jane Addams Middle School (JAMS) and the NW cohort staying (for now) at Hamilton International Middle School (HIMS). Northeast APP students will not be grandfathered at Hamilton.
- The NW cohort will either move to Wilson Pacific Middle School (WPMS), or be split between HIMS and WPMS, in 2016 or 2017 depending on the size of the cohort.
Thank you to the many parents and families who wrote to the School Board and District Staff over the last couple of months as plans were drafted on the boundaries for our school.
Learn how the Growth Boundaries affect the entire District here: www.seattleschools.org.
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2013/11/23/nov-23-growth-boundaries-update/