Tutu’s Pantry is a PTA program that provides families with food for weekend meals during the school year.
Students whose families ask for Tutu’s Pantry assistance take home a backpack of food staples each Friday. Each November, we also provide a Thanksgiving meal to any family who requests one. There is no charge. We are grateful to our supporters at Thurgood Marshall, the French-American School of Puget Sound and Fran’s Bakery.
TO RECEIVE FOOD
- Who can apply? Any family with a student now enrolled at Thurgood Marshall is eligible. Fill out our short form (also available at the office and from your child’s teacher). Return the form to your teacher or the office. Forms are available all school year, and you may start (or end) at any time
- To receive a Thanksgiving Meal: All families enrolled in Tutu’s Pantry weekly program will receive a meal. Any TM family may request a meal by turning this form in to the office or your child’s teacher.
TO DONATE FOOD
- How do I donate? See the Pup Press for announcements for your grade. Put your donations in the red bins near the front door. Donations are always welcome and special events like the family dance and the Thanksgiving meal-in-a-bag drive are additional opportunities to donate.
- Want to volunteer? See below for our contact information.
- What can I donate?
- Hearty canned soups, chili, and canned pasta
- Canned meats, such as tuna and chicken
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits and applesauce
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Pasta sauce
- Healthy cold cereals
- Shelf-stable milk
- Dried fruits, such as raisins, cranberries, apricots, and apples
- Peanut butter
- Jam or preserves
- Please, NO fresh produce, condiments, dried pasta, canned or dried beans, or open or expired food.