The PTA-coordinated Enrichment Program offers before- and after-school classes at Thurgood Marshall. The three sessions are Fall, Winter and Spring, usually 11-week periods. Breaks normally occur only during vacation periods and other days when school is closed. Classes are offered by independent vendors, nonprofit organizations and volunteers.
–> A fee is charged for most classes, but a large discount is available for one class per quarter for each student who qualifies for free lunch or whose family faces financial stress. (See below.)
GO TO REGISTRATION WEBSITE or use form attached to the printed catalog that is sent home. (Course information is available only after registration opens.)
–> Before registering, please review key dates and other information below.
NOTE: Karate and Sponge language courses require registration at the vendors’ own sites. See catalog and/or our FAQ about online registration.
NEW for 2018-19: Choir registration is through the Enrichment Program.
FALL Registration: 7 a.m., Friday, Sept. 7 – Sunday, Sept. 16.
Most classes meet: Week of Sept. 24 through week of Dec. 17.
WINTER Registration: 7 a.m., Friday, Nov. 30 – Sunday, Dec. 9.
Most classes meet: Week of Jan. 7 through week of March 18.
SPRING Registration: 7 a.m., Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 17.
Most classes meet: Week of March 25 through week of June 10.
(last update 8/8/18)
- If an enrollment minimum is not met, a class may be canceled after the registration deadline. Options for other classes and/or a refund will be made available.
- Class times: Most are 7:40-8:40 a.m. or 3:40-4:40 p.m. On Wednesday afternoon, classes start at 2:25, and some are up to 2 hours long.
- No classes during days off. See catalog to confirm dates for your child’s class(es).
- Reduced fee for students qualifying for Free/Reduced Price Lunch: Pay just 10% of listed price (for one class per quarter)! Online, use the Scholarships registration code in the catalog.
- Enrichment Program policies are fully explained on each catalog’s Page 2.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.