Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2019/02/06/black-family-advocacy-support-group-social/
- Principal Katie May will share plans for Black Lives Matter Week at TM
- Angie Jenkins will lead an activity helping us to look closely at our personal/social identities and how they impact our daily lives and interactions with others (see this link and do pages 2 and 3 beforehand if possible)
- Sub-teams will share what they have been working on
- Sharing and Discussion around Equity Action Teams 2018 survey results
- Discussion about Race and Equity speaker/workshop options for this spring
Equity Action Sub-teams for 2018-19:
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2019/01/26/winter-equity-action-teams-meeting/
We’d like to thank everyone who attended Tuesday’s PTA General Meeting featuring guest speaker Bonnie J. Rough, author of Beyond Birds and Bees: Bringing Home a New Message to Our Kids About Sex, Love, and Equality as she shared practical lessons on how to change the conversation with our kids as we equip them to build a more equitable and inclusive future. PTA has two more General meetings this year (March and May) and would love to hear your ideas for content. Please reach out to PTA@tmlink.org with topics you’d like to learn more about!
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2019/01/18/beyond-birds-bees-pta-event/
Birds, Bees, and #MeToo—Helping Our Kids Build Gender Equality featuring author Bonnie J. Rough
Mark your calendar for PTA’s next General Membership Meeting (open to everyone, no membership required) Tuesday, January, 15, 6:30-8:00 PM. Guest Speaker Bonnie J. Rough, author of Beyond Birds and Bees: Bringing Home a New Message to Our Kids About Sex, Love, and Equality, will share the practical lessons she learned as a parent and journalist when she took a close look at the world-famous Dutch approach to sex education, instrumental in producing one of the most sexually healthy and gender-equal societies on the globe. With immediate takeaways for PreK-5th families and time for sharing and questions, this event will show how we can make the most of—and enjoy—life’s many opportunities to change the conversation with our kids as we equip them to build a more equitable and inclusive future.
Permanent link to this article: http://tmlink.org/2018/12/12/pta-general-meeting-jan-15/